Firmware Engineer, Pixel Test Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with coding or scripting (SQL, Python, etc.).
- Experience with hardware/firmware testing and validation.
- Experience in 5G/4G log analysis and debug issues from field tests.
- Experience in 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and driving cellular field testing projects across multiple product areas and distributed sites, with competing resources and priorities.
- Expert domain knowledge in 5G/4G technologies.
- Background in 5G (FR2/FR1)/4G Modem/Telephony.
About the job
Our mission is to deliver Google mobile products through the most trustworthy and comprehensive software quality signal. Quality, testing effectiveness, and data driven quality signal are the main themes that we want to focus. As a Pixel Firmware Engineer in Test, you will work with cross-Product Areas/Site/Team to deliver the highest quality software for Pixel mobile products.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Lead and manage modem firmware testing for the EMEA market.
- Analyze the 5G/4G logs from internal and external testing in EMEA, and identify keys issues and work with test/software team to resolve any issues.
- Summarize the 5G R15/R16 carrier features, analyse data, and manage bug reporting to drive and secure the Pixel modem quality, from modem/Telephony perspective.
- Work with modem software and system team to optimize modem performance.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?