Full-stack Android Software Lead, WearOS
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Jose, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; San Diego, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Waterloo, ON, Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience with Android internals, frameworks, and Android application development.
- 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience developing for mobile platforms.
- 5 years of experience developing for devices.
- 5 years of experience with performance profiling and memory tooling.
- 5 years of experience with graphics pipelines, including 2D and/or 3D rendering.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional or cross-business projects.
About the job
Google's software developers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for developers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software developer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Platforms and Ecosystems product area encompasses Google's various computing software platforms across environments (desktop, mobile, applications). The products provide enterprises, and ultimately end users, the ability to utilize and manage their services at scale. We build innovative and compelling software products—from apps to TVs, from laptops to phones—that have an impact on people’s lives across the world.
For United States Applicants: The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead, design, develop, and launch new features and platform improvements for WearOS. Work on full stack development of WearOS (an Android based platform) - from the core platform and framework through the application layer.
- Customize Android for device specific use cases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to propose and drive new changes and features to Android.
- Improve the quality, functionality, battery life, and security of the system.
- Work cross-functionally with other Google teams to enable and improve Google services and experiences on WearOS.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?