Color Material Finish Execution Designer, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 5 years of experience in the industry on CMF development and execution.
- Portfolio showing Color Material Finish development, application and innovation at mass production scale.
- Experience working independently while collaborating with team members in other regions.
- Knowledge of materials and finishes, detail and excellent color acuity.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin fluently.
- Ability to communicate CMF assessment to suppliers and develop plans for improvements, and assess CMF quality across a variety of materials and finishes
- Excellent organizational skills within a fast-paced, cross-functional environment while managing CMF development and tracking on multiple programs, often with parallel paths throughout early build phases.
- Ability to travel throughout Asia supporting vendor visits, onsite color matching and some travel to Google Head Quaters in US.
About the job
In this role, you will work with the Color Material Finish (CMF) Designers to implement color, material and finish directions throughout the different build-phases of the product development process. You will Support Google consumer hardware, will be responsible for onsite color matching, material development, part-level and device reviews to ensure they meet the intent set by the CMF team. You will be part of a team of industrial designers and CMF experts working closely with engineering, quality, and supply chain to deliver the best of Google through our devices.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work with MTV CMF Design team to create color and material targets
- Work with CMF Design team to create color and material goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful CMF development and implementation.
- Organize and communicate development status, sample reviews and highlight risks as needed with Mountain View teams, to support quick problem solving, leveraging experience to propose new methods when possible.
- Work with engineers to define parameters to control color consistency across different materials in one product, when applicable, and control CMF consistency across different suppliers of the same part.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.