Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Software Systems
Please visit this for the Vietnamese-translated version of this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Technical Program Management.
- Experience in enterprise architecture practices and hybrid cloud deployments.
- Master's degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience as a Program or Engineering Manager, with domain expertise in analytics platforms, API development, or process automation.
- Experience operating in an entrepreneurial environment and scaling new and emerging products from the ground up.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with Google engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
- Anticipate user needs before they arise. Go beyond standard off-the-shelf solutions to predict where the market is trending and where future opportunities lie.
- Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on the user experience and tailoring our solutions to our users.
- Build a community of loyal users who love and use our products.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity and own technical relationships with vendors and partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?