Cloud Data Engineer, Global Services Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) along with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience in working with/on data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures.
- Experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning, and building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow).
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion, troubleshooting clients' technical issues, and working with engineering teams, sales, services, and customers.
About the job
As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze, and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. In this role, you will work on data migrations and transformational projects, work with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform issues. You will travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges.
- Create and deliver data solutions, best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel regularly (up to 25%, although we also frequently use video conferencing) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?