Associate Finance Analyst (English)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- Currently in your final year of an undergraduate degree program or less than 1 year of professional experience
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Experience in data warehousing or reporting (e.g., SQL, SAP)
- Ability to form and leverage excellent relationships across functional areas, a demonstrated bias to action, and sense of urgency
- Ability to start a full-time role in July 2023
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and modeling skills, combined with excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to communicate with executive business partners
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
With your analytics and financial acuity, you'll liaise between the Finance team with the functional areas it supports. You resolve issues related to forecasting, planning, resource prioritization and business profitability, and you help translate analyses into easy-to-understand presentations.
In this role, you will join Google Finance. You will work in close partnership with finance colleagues from across the globe, and support a wide range of activities that ensure financial success in the future.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Participate in cross-functional projects/program activities such as off-site, and Google professional development programming.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile conflicts, and determine risks before executing a project.
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual financial planning cycles, and prepare and manage financial reporting for leadership, including profit and loss, operational expenditure, and forecasting.
- Use big data to architect metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives to drive scalable analysis and insight.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?