Senior Software Engineer, Pixel Software
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of engineering experience in Java-based software development
- 3 years of engineering experience in system design of Android applications or service architect
- 1 year experience using any dependency injection framework
- Experience developing java and android tests
- Experience in large-scale software development
- Understanding of Android software and hardware architectures
- Ability to collaborate across business stakeholders and drive product design
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
As part of the Pixel Software team, our mission is to optimize the factory production process by utilizing Near Field Communication (NFC) and WiFi for software installations and updates on Pixel devices. Our team works closely with the Pixel Connectivity and Kernel teams along with Product Operations teams to plan features that offer production lines better experiences, enhancing production efficiency and accuracy.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design and implement Java-based and Android-based solutions to optimize the factory production process.
- Work closely with partner teams (e.g., Mobile App Development, Mobile Connectivity, Product Operations, etc.) in the whole application development cycle from design and implementation, to launch.
- Participate in or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Maintain a high quality, performance, and reliability bar for the application our team develops.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?