Manager, Data Center Operations
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience with structuring and negotiating agreements with renewable and carbon-free technologies, energy trading, origination, consulting, or investment banking.
- 7 years of experience with core corporate and project finance concepts and financial models.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Experience with power purchase agreements, renewable energy financing, retail electric service, and electric infrastructure.
- Experience with analyzing transactions, partnerships, and strategies in the energy industry.
- Ability to understand complex problems and concepts and translate that into financial models, presentations, and communicative collateral.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams and organizations.
About the job
As a Manager, you will analyze and communicate trends, evaluate supply, investment opportunities, and structures. You will work with project teams to support transactions, energy portfolio planning, and vendor and partner relationship management. You will develop and communicate recommendations based on this analysis, drive innovation in the energy industry and impact every part of the business.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$246,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage a team of associate level strategic partners in the analysis, management, and execution of data center infrastructure acquisitions, development and expansion and energy supply structuring.
- Evaluate opportunities and lead selection and prioritization process and work alongside a team of partners to manage Data Center energy supply.
- Advise on energy market for new data center location strategy across the Americas region and identify new financial and commercial structures for meeting Google’s carbon-free energy, net zero goals across different regions and technologies.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders involved in Data Center capacity delivery in the region.
- Maintain in depth market knowledge of the Americas region including policy related issues, capacity alternatives, and potential issues impacting on-going DC operations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.