Senior Analyst, Strategic Intelligence and Government
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Virginia, USA; District of Columbia, USA.
- 2 years of experience in a CTI role in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) methodologies and applications in one of the functional areas: Identify, Protect, Respond, and Recover.
- Experience in stakeholder management (i.e., leading, presenting, reporting) to numerous audiences including executives.
- Experience in stakeholder management (i.e., leading, presenting, reporting).
- Experience in the consumption, processing, and analysis of tactical (technical) CTI within an operational environment, supporting monitoring, detection, and response capabilities.
- Understanding of CTI methodologies and application concepts, with the ability to advise and mentor new CTI team members.
- Ability to correlate raw intelligence from sensors, incident response engagements, and other sources into reports and briefings.
- Ability to present written or verbal information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take complex, ambiguous topics, build strategy, and influence stakeholders.
- Excellent team-player with the ability to work in fast-paced and continuously changing environments.
About the job
In this role, you will ensure the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and selective action. You will also act as a conduit to Mandiant’s extensive network of cyber security, threat intelligence, and information operations professionals. This is an onsite, client-facing position. Remote work is not authorized.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000-$189,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Correlate intelligence, to develop understanding of tracked threat activity.
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats and groups.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best-practices for tracking advanced threats, tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry, and attacker trends.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports to the client’s executives, security team, or fellow analysts.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the motivations behind their activity and convey the importance of findings for a variety of audiences.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?