Customer Engineer, Machine Learning, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field.
- Experience with Developer Operations (DevOps) best practices (e.g. CI/CD), and the ability to gather, analyze, debug, and fix problems that occur with live production systems.
- Experience providing technical presentations and demos.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently and to think strategically, with the big picture in mind.
- Ability to be a team player, with excellent communication skills.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with technical Sales teams as a machine learning subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, and problem-solve any potential roadblocks. You will also have the opportunity to help customers to leverage specialized machine learning (ML) hardware developed by Google, called Tensor Processing Unit (TPU). You will work with customers and product development to shape the future of the platform.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide machine learning expertise to support relationships with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partnering directly with product management to find solutions.
- Work with customers to demonstrate Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?