Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Controller, Pixel Mobile Wireless
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience developing, testing, and deploying embedded systems.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming.
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Master’s degree, PhD, further education, or experience in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field.
- Experience with the development of Linux device drivers.
- Experience with PCIe interfaces and protocols, software stacks, and drivers.
- Experience working with hardware designers and reading schematics.
- Experience with ARM, MCU, or other low-power SoC architectures.
- Experience in ASM or shell/Python programming.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design and develop new software for Google Tensor.
- Contribute to the design and development of frameworks and RTOS, and collaborate on development in the areas of WiFi, Networking, and Cellular.
- Develop the software stack for Pixel devices.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software quality.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?