Software Engineer, Imaging Machine Learning, Silicon
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., C++/Python) and data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products.
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master's degree or PhD in Machine Learning.
- Experience with on-device machine learning/compute optimization.
- Experience leading camera/imaging and applications across the System on a Chip (SoC).
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience with image processing and computer vision algorithms.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Work with Research, Hardware and Software teams to integrate generative imaging Machine Learning (ML) workloads to Google Tensor SoC.
- Guide or Influence imaging ML workload and algorithm developers on compute capabilities through power and performance analysis.
- Optimise power and performance of generative image ML workloads.
- Influence SoC architecture evolution with a goal of improving ML performance. Assess architecture changes from software and hardware, provide feedback, recommendations etc.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?