Silicon Software Test Engineer, Productization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience testing software for hardware.
- Experience working with prototype devices.
- Experience with Linux kernel driver development.
- Experience with Android application development (i.e. interactive camera applications).
- Experience testing embedded systems.
- Excellent programming skills in modern Python.
- Programming skills in Java, C/C++, JNI.
About the job
As a Silicon Software Test Engineer, you will implement testing strategies, promote good software engineering practices, and build out our testing infrastructure and test content. You will typically work in small teams that collaborate on common problems across products and across focus areas. As a result, you will have exposure to a broader set of problems, which allows for growth and proximity to abundant technical problems. You will play a crucial part in Google's success by partnering with silicon software developers and cross-functional partner teams to ensure that our products are thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Create and implement test strategies by working with development teams to identify risk areas and fill the testing gaps.
- Design and implement Integration tests including multi-IP scenarios in the Android environment.
- Automate tests using existing test frameworks and work with the Engineering Productivity team to enhance and develop new test frameworks based on test requirements.
- Triage and analyze test results and incoming feedback to identify areas for improvement.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?