Senior Staff Software Engineer, Cloud AI Tools Development
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: San Francisco, CA, USA; Waterloo, ON, Canada.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience with design and architecture; and testing/launching software products.
- 5 years of experience in developing and validating software tools using AI and ML.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 8 years of experience using Google Cloud or other Public Cloud based tools.
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 5 years of experience using LLM based systems.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional or cross-business projects.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The CloudDevTools team is responsible for developing Google Cloud development tools used by software developers everyday. We are currently working on releasing a new suite of tools using ML engines powered by Large Language Models.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
For United States applicants: The US base salary range for this full-time position is $231,000-$339,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Own the technical specifications and architecture of all AI based modules integrated in the GCP Cloud DevTools.
- Work with executive leaders across businesses to apply AI solutions to GCP development tools, and improve user experience and productivity of GCP Development tools.
- Influence engineering norms, requirements, and expectations for usability, scalability, reliability, and quality of our AI based tools offerings on GCP.
- Coach and mentor other technical leads in the team,
and guide the team through tough technical challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?