Technical Program Manager, Software Application User Experience, Pixel
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Program or Project Management.
- Experience in mobile application user experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently, to communicate with cross-region stakeholders.
- Experience managing large-scale and dynamic technical projects, with competing resources and priorities.
- Experience with end-to-end program management in software application and user facing experience on mobile phone devices, consumer hardwares, or embedded devices.
- Experience in problem solving in constantly changing environments.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across different functions and time zones to manage change and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, and leadership stakeholder management skills for new project/feature proposals.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Manage Pixel software application experience from other devices, focused on user facing interface (UI) in Pixel applications and features.
- Work with multiple stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives, initiate the proof of concept plan, drive the prototype and convince cross-functional teams to buy in the proposal.
- Coordinate with engineering, user experience, product management and testing teams across different software areas to plan the road map, study the feasibility, estimate the work efforts, define the milestones, execute the process and manage the resources to launch full-cycle software development product.
- Track progress, unblock dependencies, evaluate and mitigate risks, drive deliverables with the highest quality to achieve product launch goal.
- Communicate project status and manage escalation to stakeholders and leadership.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.