System Engineering Program Manager, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- 7 years of experience in engineering program management, team lead or product design engineering.
- Experience in phone, tablet or smart home product development and phase gate approach.
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) build management.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in tablet product development.
- Experience in shipping quality products.
- Excellent team management and creative thinking skills, with the ability to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and engineering partners to get products built, tested, and released on time. Communicate schedules, quality, and progress updates.
- Be responsible for identifying and managing risks, quality, and stopping production at the right time.
- Ensure that product requirements are captured, managing cross-functional communication, and technical dependencies with other Google teams.
- Create and drive the overall program schedule, resources, program budget, Bill of Materials (BOM) cost.
- Identify and mitigate risk at all stages to achieve the business goal. Explain the team's analyses and recommendations to executives.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?