Software Test Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience programming (e.g., Python, Java, or C/C++)
- 1 year experience with software test engineering or consumer electronics, developing test automation solutions for smart home products
- Experience with test strategies and methodologies, writing test plans, and creating automated test cases.
- Experience in consumer electronics or home automation
- Experience working on low power, low memory devices, and device validation techniques
- Experience helping deliver successful software product features/consumer devices
- Understanding of sensor technologies, filtering/sensing algorithms, and validation techniques
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills
- Passion for quality and automation
About the job
As a Software Engineer, you will build tooling to evaluate trained models that run on constrained hardware, developing interoperability frameworks to ensure that ecosystems of our device software and partner apps work. You will build highly-scalable virtual device emulator technology to assist developer workflows. You will write the tools that measure and give insight on performance bottlenecks in our devices and systems.
In this role, you will be versatile, display leadership qualities, and are enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Develop test strategy for smart home products and features.
- Build a stable and reliable automated test suited to validate Google devices working together in a continuous integration system.
- Develop virtualization and device simulators based automated feature validation. Validate algorithms running on devices and validate improvements to ship high quality products.
- Develop test hooks to monitor code health and system stability. Identify key product indicators and build analytics that drive new features and improvements.
- Find root-cause failures and indicator changes, through automated analysis.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?