Data Center Civil Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Civil or Site Engineering.
- Experience with data centers or construction.
- Master's degree.
- Knowledge of site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion, and sediment control.
- Knowledge of water/wastewater design, hydraulic modeling, and industry construction means and methods.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles, practices, and related technical areas.
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative environment, and communicate technical issues effectively in written and verbal forms.
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide Civil Engineering expertise for design-related activities in connection with data center sites or projects.
- Serve as our in-house consultant, advisor, and authorized representative through all phases of projects.
- Provide engineering guidance and reviews of Civil Engineering works associated with site layout and data center building design.
- Help develop Civil Engineering guidelines and direction for design standards.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?