Application Modernization Engineer, Google Cloud Professional Services
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading enterprise application portfolios and associated technologies (e.g., VMWare, Kubernetes, etc.).
- 5 years of cross-functional client-facing experience.
- Software development experience in Java, C++, or C, including data structures, algorithms, and software design with code delivery practices.
- Experience refactoring monolithic applications to microservices, APIs, and/or serverless models.
- Experience architecting and developing software or internet scale production-grade cloud solutions in virtualized environments (e.g., Google Cloud Platform or other public clouds).
- Experience leading application modernization projects or application architecture projects.
- Experience with unit or automated testing tools.
About the job
As an Application Modernization Engineer, you will work with customers to transform existing enterprise applications into modern cloud native applications to reduce time to launch, increase release frequency, and reduce time to recovery and failure rate. You will propose and execute approaches to modernize Google’s customer’s applications and deploy them to Google Cloud Platform. You will work with customers on application re-design and implementation including application scaling, reliability in addition to advising on ongoing operations (e.g., application and feature rollouts, monitoring, and more). Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and drive excellence in our products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex software development challenges.
- Deliver modern software to Google’s customers, including creating and executing enterprise application transformation and migration strategies.
- Recommend approaches and estimated effort for application migration and modernization programs.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel as needed and attend many meetings, technical reviews, and delivery activities virtually.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?