Research Scientist, Technology And Society
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- PhD in Philosophy, with a focus on ethics and philosophy of technology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in human rights, moral philosophy, and ethics.
- Experience with human rights works in emerging technologies.
- Experience in multimodal interaction or machine learning.
- Experience in multiple publication submissions for conferences, journals, or public repositories.
- Experience in product introductions that use advanced research and entrepreneurial.
About the job
As an organization, Google maintains a portfolio of research projects driven by fundamental research, new product innovation, product contribution and infrastructure goals, while providing individuals and teams the freedom to emphasize specific types of work. As a Research Scientist, you'll setup large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, managing deadlines and deliverables while applying the latest theories to develop new and improved products, processes, or technologies. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our research scientists work on real-world problems that span the breadth of computer science, such as machine (and deep) learning, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more.
As a Research Scientist, you'll also actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings, with ideas inspired by internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
In this role, you will focus on direction and exploring questions to develop artifacts, insights, and guidance related to the projects.
- Engage internal and external audiences ongoing conversations on issues and topics in emerging technologies.
- Research and develop product by sharing insights and perspectives through the use of deliberate language and concepts.
- Author papers and artifacts to share and generate impact of philosophical work and applied ethics practices.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?