Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Professional Services, Google Cloud
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
For Mexico applicants: Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico; São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures and Infrastructure.
- Experience in writing scripts in one or more languages (e.g., Python, Go, etc.).
- Ability to speak and write in English and Portuguese fluently.
- Experience working with and managing external partners and customers.
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, Networking, DevOps, or continuous integration/delivery.
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Knowledge of standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide exceptional technical guidance to customers adopting Google Cloud Platform services. This includes providing best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, and more. You will also provide prescriptive guidance in ensuring that customers receive the best of what Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can offer and have the best experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features. The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. You will help businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with customers to design cloud-based technical architectures, migration approaches, and application optimizations that enable business objectives.
- Serve as a technical advisor and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Create and deliver best practices, recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and sample code.
- Travel up to 30% of the time as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?