Physical Design Infrastructure, Tools, and Methodology Developer
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience with EDA tools and licensing methods and agreements
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Experience working with EDA licenses (i.e., Synopsys, Cadence, Ansys).
- Experience managing large budgets.
- Experience delivering on productivity and cost savings.
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
In this role, you will be part of Google’s Devices and Services Silicon Engineering Productivity (EngProd) team and contribute to the development of differentiated products that combine Google AI, hardware, and software.
The charter of Silicon EngProd is to maintain and continually improve the productivity of our Silicon team who develops custom silicon chip solutions and to optimize performance and power for our use cases.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $146,000-$220,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Review and report license and compute usage trends throughout each project lifecycle.
- Leverage this analysis to guide hardware and software procurement decisions.
- Eliminate wasted resources using big-data analysis methods.
- Provide methodology guidance to designers looking to achieve maximum throughput with existing resources.
- Manage design data through the project lifecycle and archiving process.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?