Customer Engineering Manager, Google Cloud (English, Spanish)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as pre-sales engineering manager or as pre-sales engineering lead.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time as required.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 2 years of experience in people management, as a pre-sales Engineer, or a similar leadership role.
- Experience as digital transformation ambassador, public speaker or University professor.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, IaaS industry, enterprise networking, management systems, and technical concepts.
- Understanding of the broader cloud market and differentiators in offerings.
- Excellent people management and presentation skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of engineers. You will engage with prospects, understand and assess customer requirements, and prepare and present demonstrations of Google Cloud products and services. You will guide the customer through implementation and production deployment, while addressing technical objections that arise throughout the business process.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with business management to build a sustainable Cloud business and deliver against financial goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Business and Leadership teams to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for business opportunities.
- Build partner ecosystem relevance to the business, increasing capacity, technical excellence and partner led agreements.
- Organize, train, and equip the Customer Engineering (CE) team. Assess CE team Go-to-Market readiness, identify gaps in preparedness, and build plans to ensure that the team is properly trained and equipped.
- Develop technical customer relationships in the strategic accounts to deliver against our business results.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?