Technical Lead, Networking, Pixel Connectivity
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages (e.g., C, C++, Java, Rust).
- Experience in networking protocol.
- Experience programming in Java and Rust.
- Experience designing, implementing, or using networking protocols (IPv6, IPv4, UDP/TCP, DNS, HTTP, QUIC, TLS).
- Experience writing or using networking code (e.g., HTTP, RPC client libraries).
- Experience with OpenWrt or NGINX.
- Knowledge of Linux, kernel networking stack and drivers.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Lead a project to design/implement/fine-tune/land the Pixel networking functionality/features, and data performance features.
- Drive technical projects and provide networking mentorship to inspire teams to innovate, design, and implement advanced connectivity features.
- Improve network testing capabilities with test engineers, develop automation tests and metrics.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?