AI Strategic Cloud Engineer, Google Cloud Consulting
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience building machine learning solutions.
- Experience coding in one or more languages (e.g., Python, Scala, Java, Go, etc.) and with data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience working with technical customers.
- 5 years of experience working with recommendation engines, data pipelines, or distributed machine learning.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, XGBoost).
- Experience in technical consulting.
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT, and reporting/analytic tools and environments (e.g., Apache Beam, Hadoop, Spark, Hive).
- Understanding of the auxiliary practical concerns in production ML systems.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an AI Strategic Cloud Engineer, you will design and implement machine learning solutions for customer use cases, leveraging core Google products including TensorFlow, Data Flow, and Vertex AI. You will work with customers to identify opportunities to apply machine learning in their business, and travel to customer sites to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower customers. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
In this role, you will work with the team to support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and much more.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Machine Learning challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Work with customers, partners, and Google Product teams to deliver tailored solutions into production.
- Coach customers on the practical challenges in ML systems including feature extraction/feature definition, data validation, monitoring, and management of features/models.
- Travel up to 30% of the time for in-person meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?