Infrastructure Operations Specialist, Google Cloud, United States Government
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with Windows technologies and architecture/infrastructure, in compute infrastructure, supporting, developing, maintaining cloud solutions.
- 3 years of experience supporting operating systems, networking, and application troubleshooting.
- Active US Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with polygraph.
- Experience implementing projects in a customer-focused, fast-changing environment.
- Experience creating scripts to automate common tasks.
- Knowledge of enterprise-grade operating systems, working in Linux/Unix/WSL, and network administrator level of network technologies.
- Understanding of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) environments.
- Understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), AD group policies and hardening practices.
- Understanding of enterprise networking and network switches.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As an Infrastructure Operations Specialist, you will be part of a team of engineers who provide support to United States Government customers. You will administer workstations and servers to ensure they are fully functioning and secure in support of the Google team working around the clock in the Google Operations Center.
In this role, you will maintain and control access to the networks, and troubleshoot technical problems with a mix of networking, system administration, and documentation. You will ensure a secure, stable and reliable operations center, while advocating for our customer and operator needs. You will need to work non-standard work hours, shifts, or weekends.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $102,000-$151,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage user accounts, perform virtual maintenance such as patching, and ensure uptime of all necessary physical equipment, including workstations, AV equipment, and infrastructure servers.
- Be responsible for network infrastructure for Operations Center (OC) IT.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate with engineering any issues that may arise with infrastructure, maintain the local admin network.
- Drive innovative approaches to operating and supporting infrastructure to achieve results.
- Deploy, configure and maintain Operations Center (OC) IT infrastructure, perform actions for local workstations and IT equipment, make decisions and report status.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?