Quantum Hardware Engineer, Google Research
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with RF or microwave measurements and analysis, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- Experience with simulation and design of RF circuits and systems.
- 5 years of experience in RF and microwave design, test, measurement, and analysis.
- Experience programming in Python, C++/C or a similar language.
- Experience scaling a product from proof of concept to prototype and beyond.
- Experience with mechanical design and/or cryogenics.
- Experience with accelerated lifetime tests and component reliability analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
In this role, you will help develop and deploy new microwave signal delivery solutions. You will collaborate within our team of skilled scientists and engineers to design, test, and analyze cutting-edge microwave signal transmission solutions and novel interconnects to enable large numbers of high density connections to the quantum chip.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $141,000-$212,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and perform electrical, thermal, and lifetime tests for flexible wiring technologies in a cryogenic environment.
- Quantify and improve performance and yield metrics to implement design and assembly improvements.
- Develop, design, and simulate wiring solutions to understand performance and yield metrics at all stages of development (i.e., research and development, production, etc.).
- Communicate with team members and organize data and design techniques for all stages of development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?