Risk and Compliance Manager, Marketing Operations
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a Risk Management, Compliance, Operations, Legal, or Management Consulting role.
- Experience in a marketing role focused on compliance or risk management.
- Experience in identifying insights, driving strategy, and launching programs to deliver impact in testing environments.
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and manage time efficiently and navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders and influence across levels and organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work on complex data and simplify into action.
- Excellent change management and problem-solving skills with the ability to guide transformation through process or program improvements.
- Excellent storytelling and verbal/written communication skills.
About the job
The Google Marketing Operations team is here to inspire and enable our best work. Our programs are focused on Agency Management, Production Operations, Program Management, Contract Operations and Marketing Compliance.
As a Risk and Compliance Manager, you will promote responsible innovation in the potential of technology in marketing. You will develop, manage, and implement compliance programs in marketing to ensure we follow the policies, guidelines, and the laws and regulations that impact innovative projects, and ensure the business achieves its goals with the law and the company’s expectations.
In this role, you will join a community of compliance leaders to advocate for an enterprise-wide culture of compliance, providing effective guidance to employees across marketing teams. You will engage with the broader Marketing Leadership team across compliance topics. You will ensure we’re navigating risks and managing our resources in a productive, ethical, and sustainable way. Marketing Risk, Compliance, and Governance team in collaboration with legal and privacy teams is working to lead thoughtful, coordinated, global responses to navigate the changing regulatory landscape.
- Develop understanding of the space to inform a program roadmap. Create program documentation and visuals to drive understanding of key project elements and decisions.
- Develop governance mechanisms including process and policy changes, controls development and monitoring, modernize and automate controls environment.
- Develop and execute risk assessments and design follow-up programs to address key risks. Work with business and process owners to develop processes, policies, controls, and metrics that ensure compliance of relevant standards.
- Influence and assist business and process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help to grow the business in a compliant manner.
- Create insights, stakeholder communications and executive materials for compliance discussions and communications within marketing. Facilitate key meetings and stakeholder management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?