Hardware Test Engineer, Engineering Labs, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA.
- 3 years of experience in a lab environment.
- Experience configuring network switches.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams on bringup tasks (e.g., hardware assembly, programming with hardware tools, and firmware updates).
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Certification in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- 5 years of experience working in an engineering laboratory environment.
- Experience managing and organizing lab inventory of used consumables by lab users.
About the job
Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world, and the Global Logistics team procures and manages the resources that power our immense collection. As a part of this team, you apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and your problem solving prowess to key logistics processes (managing vendors, shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehousing & distribution, transportation, etc.). Your diligence ensures the global delivery and life cycle management of network equipment is timely and efficient. You help the networking material supply chain by understanding the unique needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of Google's products and services to millions of users around the world.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Perform Linux systems administrative tasks for Platforms labs, including debugging system and network issues related to lab networks and engineering test setups.
- Receive and manage hardware components and material for project builds and disperse hardware per allocation plan.
- Work with teams bringing up new labs and services, including documenting lab layout and prioritizing tasks in project plans.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe operating lab.
- Troubleshoot network issues, including hosts, switches, routers, programmers, and network infrastructure.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?