Technical Program Manager, Fiber Capacity Delivery
- Program Management experience
- Experience with fiber capacity delivery
- Experience with testing and verifying network fiber infrastructure and leased capacities that keep network reliable
- Program management experience in wireline carrier telecom industry
- Inside plant fiber construction and routing familiarity
- Outside plant fiber construction and routing familiarity
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage the delivery of large scale network infrastructure projects involving long haul dark fiber, metro fiber, leased capacity/circuits, and inside plant fiber from inception through delivery. Ensure facilities are delivered on schedule and meet technical specifications.
- Serve as primary EMEA vendor contact. Escalate up vendor management chains as necessary if delivery timelines are at risk.
- Lead project status meetings while keeping teams at Google aware of project and delivery status.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?