Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working on technology policy issues within government, think tanks, public interest groups, or relevant industry associations.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently.
- Experience working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures.
- Experience working with international teams and driving consensus across multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent people management, political, government relations, problem-solving, and communication skills.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role, you will advocate for Google public policy initiatives across mobile and hardware and be a key point of contact on the political issues, campaigns, and outreach for internal compute product and Business teams.
- Develop and lead long-term and immediate public policy strategies for the platforms and ecosystems, and devices and services product areas that support our global business objectives and drive favorable policy and regulatory outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to shape Google overall position on key policy topics, and engage directly with policymakers and key opinion formers to shape public and political dialogue.
- Advise Engineers, Product Managers, and other internal teams on emerging regulatory and legislative issues.
- Manage policy projects on opportunities affecting Google compute product areas, including user privacy, content, and cross-industry relations.
- Build and manage a network of key executive stakeholders and influence relationships to help shape a positive policy and regulatory environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.