Technical Program Manager, Data Center Construction
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in data center program management.
- Experience in managing and supporting physical security and safety programs in a changing, multi-national corporate environment.
- Experience in the principles of cost management, cost planning, model based estimating and reporting, and construction planning.
- Experience in brownfield construction projects.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships, with an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry, including fast-track design build processes and associated documents.
- Knowledge of large-scale facility electrical or mechanical systems, and fibre deployment and expansion.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
The Data Center Delivery and Engineering (DCDE) team is a collection of architectural design experts, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, construction project managers, data center services managers, and project controls managers who plan, design, and construct the most efficient data centers in the world. This includes site-wide data center upgrades, post construction projects, or large capital improvement projects.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage site-wide data center upgrades, managing scopes related to post construction projects or large capital improvement projects.
- Be responsible for developing detailed designs, construction, successful commissioning, closeout, and hand-off to operations. Ensure all customer demands are being met.
- Establish and maintain delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors, measuring goals.
- Create a growth plan and be involved in hiring/recruiting talent in the areas of project management, field engineering, document control, technical writing, etc.
- Research and implement construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities. Carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.