Manager, Government Affairs and Public Policy
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Gurgaon, Haryana, India; New Delhi, Delhi, India.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience working with or in government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporate public policy organizations.
- Experience with technology public policy issues.
- Experience working with international teams and driving consensus across multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives.
- Experience working independently with a wide array of functional groups across organizations and cultures.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously and never missing a deadline.
- Excellent personal, political, problem solving, communications, and government relations skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual excellence with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy organization leads the company’s engagement with governments and relevant third-parties in the formation and execution of public policy that benefits innovation and tech progress. As a member of our organization, you will help educate policymakers and key opinion formers, advise internal teams on the political landscape, and work across Google to develop coherent, strategic plans to support Google’s public policy priorities.
The Compute Products team works directly with the Platforms and Ecosystems, Devices and Services product areas to advise on public policy issues. We are experts on Google direction for key products and work closely with Product and Business teams to minimize risk and increase opportunity for success and growth.
As a Public Policy Manager, you will be an ambassador for the Compute product areas’ issues and interests with policymakers and key opinion formers in India. In your work, you will advocate for Google’s public policy initiatives across mobile and hardware and be a key point of contact on the political issues, campaigns, and outreach for internal Compute Product and Business teams.
- Develop and lead long-term and immediate public policy strategies for the Platforms and Ecosystems, Devices and Services product areas that support our global business objectives and drive favorable policy and regulatory outcomes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to shape Google overall position on key policy topics, and engage directly with policymakers and key opinion formers to shape public and political dialogue.
- Advise Engineers, Product Managers, and other internal teams on emerging regulatory and legislative issues that could impact Google users globally.
- Manage policy projects on opportunities affecting Google Compute Product areas, including user privacy, content, competition, and cross-industry relations.
- Build and manage a network of key executive stakeholders and influencer relationships to help shape a positive policy and regulatory environment and maintain an open Internet.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?