Systems and Solutions Architect, High Performance Computing
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
Remote locations: Washington, USA; United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience with software design and architecture, and testing/launching software products.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 10 years of experience in High Performance Computing.
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Experience with HPC ecosystem software, such as schedulers, orchestration systems, and HPC package management systems.
- Domain knowledge in a key HPC application area, such as CAE, EDA, FSI, Healthcare, Energy, or scientific computing.
About the job
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Engage customers to understand and drive product requirements, and provide solutions to accelerate their success.
- Establish HPC performance expectations for new platforms and oversee performance lifecycle through new platform deployment.
- Identify key middleware, runtime systems, and frameworks used in HPC workloads (e.g., simulation, modeling, ML, analytics) and develop and execute strategies for HPC readiness on Google Cloud.
- Enable software improvements through external engineering engagements and community software contributions to key middleware and system software projects.
- Partner with Engineering and Product Management teams to develop and execute technology strategies to enable the adoption of AI/ML in HPC workflows.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?