Customer Engineer Manager, Healthcare and Life Sciences
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Cambridge, MA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Nashville, TN, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer at an enterprise technology company or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with business and technology in the life science industry.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, or a related field .
- Experience working with healthcare and life science organizations in the capacity of a pre-sales, customer-facing field engineering manager.
- Experience in database and information management as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Knowledge of Linux, Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, application development platforms.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience.
About the job
Technology is at the core of everything we do, especially in the world of Internet advertising. Sales Engineers are the behind-the-scenes brains for the proposals the Partner Development team pitches to our partners. Your strong software development background, detailed knowledge of web technologies and online advertising are key to working with the engineering and sales teams to create custom solutions for our partners. You are responsible for the entire technical back-end, from interpreting and writing technical specifications to the creation and implementation of the final plan. As the go-to technical expert for the team, you help design the solutions that make our partnerships successful.
In this role, you will lead a team of pre-sales Engineers who engage with sales prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google Cloud services, address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the sales process.
You will work cross-functionally with our Product, Support, Engineering and Sales teams.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Engineering (CE) management to determine proper staffing levels to support business goals, establish job requisitions, and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Organize, train and equip the Customer Engineering (CE) team, assess CE teams Go-To-Market (GTM) readiness, identify gaps in CE preparedness, and build plans to ensure the CE team is properly trained and equipped to perform in support of annualized business goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for business opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Account team, Customer Support, Product Management, Customer Solutions, and Engineering team to resolve product problems affecting pre and post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Work with Solution Engineering team to build Biotech GTM and solutions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?