Power Integrity Engineer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with system-level power delivery network design, analysis, and validation.
- Experience with power management methodologies, power delivery, and signal integrity interactions of common I/O interfaces.
- Experience with PCB, package and silicon technologies, and their impact to power delivery solutions.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Signal Integrity, or a related technical field.
- Experience in power integrity fundamentals, including board power conversion design for motherboard for data center hardware products and power integrity conversion design.
- Experience with lab measurement, validation and correlation at package, Die, and PCB level.
- Experience with Electronic design automation tools.
- Knowledge on system power delivery networks and switching voltage regulator modeling and simulation.
- Knowledge in 3D/2D electromagnetic simulation tools, lab equipment, and scripting languages.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
As a Power Integrity Engineer in Technical Infrastructure, you will play a key role in the development of one of the world's fastest growing computing infrastructures. You will work as part of a team to deliver innovative power solutions for point of load application. Your objective will be to design, analyze, optimize, and implement board, substrate package, and chip level power delivery topologies for large-scale point of load application including Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs), Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), and processors.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $119,000-$175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Innovate and design on board, on substrate and on chip level Power Delivery Networks (PDN). Analyze performance, cost, reliability and availability design trade-offs.
- Provide technical leadership and direction while troubleshooting complex system level power delivery issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Project teams on system bring up and design validation.
- Perform lab design validation, correlation study and root cause debugging.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?