Sensor Test Engineer, Consumer Hardware
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building and launching consumer electronics products
- Experience testing products for manufacturing
- Coding experience in Python or C++
- Master's degree/PhD in Engineering
- Experience in debug, troubleshooting, and failure analysis investigation
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring-up, and design validation
- Experience working with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners
- Mechanical and Software expertise in test station development
About the job
At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
- Be responsible for developing complete test solutions across the product lifecycle, for functional and parametric validation of device performance. Provide maintenance for all factory test stations including test stations before/after release testing.
- Develop DFM/T (Design for manufacturing/testability) and functional specifications for the product and implement at the factory, working in collaboration with the Design/Engineering teams.
- Be responsible for implementation, yield and parametric data, correlation, etc. Liaise with Software Engineering teams regarding factory images, test scripts, and requirements.
- Provide support to design, manufacturing, and commodity teams in selection, qualification, and application of components and suppliers used in Google's products.
- Provide Covers System Level (i.e. end-to-end assembly), Mechanical Level (all mechanical assemblies), and Test and SMT/DFM (for PCBA).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?