Senior Finance Analyst, Google Public Sector
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Reston, VA, USA; Austin, TX, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related field, or 5 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Experience in financial planning and modeling.
- Understanding of statistical approaches to analyses.
- Knowledge of Public Sector and/or government agreements, Security Clearance.
- Ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships, work in a fast-moving environment, and drive operational initiatives.
- Excellent business acumen, problem-solving, and communication skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
In this role, you will drive financial processes across Google Public Sector and support the business in driving business growth by providing insight and analysis. You will manage cost with a focus on return on investment. You will build and transform cloud leadership in the Public Sector, with a focus on Impact and Influence in all aspects of the business.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Engage with running the new transformative business unit.
- Be responsible for driving key elements of our financial planning, and analysis including budgeting, forecasting, planning, and reporting.
- Support performance analysis, resources management, and drive investments decisions across the Google Public Sector business.
- Lead projects and other work from modeling business scenarios to tracking performance metrics used by Google Public Sector to make strategic decisions.
- Lead Partnerships with Finance teams and executive level communications with the business.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?