Software Engineer, Networking, Pixel Connectivity
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience with software development.
- Experience in general purpose programming languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, and Rust).
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in data path domain expertise or Android development.
- Experience in any networking protocol (i.e., IPv6, IPv4, UDP/TCP, DNS, HTTP, QUIC, TLS).
- Experience in building RTOS-based products.
- Experience with kernel/driver development.
- Experience with 3GPP wireless data.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Implement/evolve important networking data performance features or networking hardware offload, analyze/debug the data throughput issues, and adjust the data performance parameters for Pixel devices.
- Enhance the networking data performance testing capabilities with test engineers, and develop automation tests to ensure the data performance test coverage and strength.
- Test and identify the performance gap for various end users use cases and create creative solutions to improve the user experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?