Strategy Project Lead, Workspace, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, enterprise software, or similar organizations.
- 4 years of experience collaborating with executive stakeholders.
- 3 years of experience in the business Software/SaaS domain.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- 6 years of experience working in a business environment with cross-functional stakeholders and collaborating with executive management.
- 6 years of experience in growth strategy and executing strategic and operational initiatives in an ambiguous environment.
- 3 years of experience managing and coaching employees.
- Experience performing detailed business analysis of potential strategic recommendations (e.g., valuation, partnership opportunities, and/or, operational optimization).
- Understanding of productivity and collaboration category dynamics, engaged landscape, product differentiation, and/or go-to-market.
About the job
As a Strategy Project Lead, you will lead multiple, concurrent projects and partner with executive leadership in Google Workspace, their direct reports, and cross-functional partners to set and communicate strategy and decision-making with the broader organization. You will also partner closely with team members within the Business and Operations team and key cross-functional partners to align and lead strategies and business decisions.
In this role, you will be strategic, comfortable with ambiguity, and be an excellent communicator with a bias to action. You will be detail-oriented, quantitative, and show clarity of thought when describing thought process, deliberation, and recommendations. You will work on agility, ability to switch context, handling ambiguous situations and creative problem solving, and attentive to nuance.
- Manage and lead strategic initiatives across Workspace, developing recommendations to the leadership team by analyzing strategic questions, developing and analyzing data, identifying priorities, and aligning with cross-functional partners.
- Design, manage, and deliver on multiple strategy projects including staffing of analysts and managers, stakeholder management, communicating findings or recommendations to leadership, and landing the project team work.
- Develop an understanding and strategic narrative across all components of the business and in particular areas (e.g., Go-To-Market (GTM) execution, pricing, product launches, etc.).
- Synthesize and communicate decisions between executive management and the broader organization to ensure strategy and priority alignment.
- Onboard and coach teammates and guide their professional development on the strategy team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?