Systems Development Engineer, Insider Risk Operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in Linux system administration.
- 5 years of experience in Linux system administration, troubleshooting, scripting, and networking.
- Experience with Google technologies such as Ganpati, Sphinx, Boq, Plx.
- Experience in Identity Management, Cloud Identity, and Access Management.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, prioritization, verbal/written communication, and leadership skills.
About the job
Systems Development Engineering (SDE) at Google is a role where you manage services and systems at scale. SDEs creatively put their engineering discipline to use automating the mundane and reducing toil. We don’t just write code to fix bugs, but emphasize the development of tools and solutions that fix classes of problems. We know it’s hard to control what you can’t measure – so we focus on observability: instrumenting first, then turning data into knowledge, and finally knowledge into action. We know that the operational efficiency of Google systems, services, virtual compute environments and the operating systems that power them impact the environment, not just the bottom line. We know that working together we can do more, and that community matters.
Google brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Together we engineer and build the infrastructure, tools, access and telemetry for systems that enable orchestration of Google-scale services. Come build things that matter.
The Insider Risk Operations team (IRO) is responsible for safe, efficient, and smooth Identity and Access Management operations. As a Systems Development Engineer, you are responsible for building tools and automating processes that help IRO run an efficient operation and deliver a wonderful end user experience.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in Google's identity and access management space.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain moderately complex systems and services. Develop, test, and enhance service and systems utilities with little direction.
- Collaborate with large cross-functional teams on solutions to improve security and efficiency of Identity and Access Management operations at Google.
- Develop solutions to operational and user productivity issues via automation or process improvements. Work with security teams to plan and implement changes that impact Googlers and extended workforce.
- Participate in on-call rotation to manage L2 escalations from our support team. Share a rotation as a subject matter expert for our operational escalations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.