Staff Software Engineer, Embedded Controller, Pixel Wireless Connectivity
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in working on software projects.
- Experience designing and developing platform features in C++.
- Experience in technical leadership, by setting technical directions and driving a cross-functional team to accomplish projects.
- Master's degree/PhD or experience in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any other related technical fields.
- Experience in modern software engineering workflow and Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in system programming in Unix/Linux or any Real-Time Operating System (RTOS).
- Experience enabling Rust as one of the major programming languages on any microprocessor (e.g. Cortex-M processors).
- Experience designing and developing platform features in Rust or experience in C, Python, or Java.
About the job
The Google Pixel team creates innovative hardware and software solutions for consumers. We design and build premium mobile devices and services that are aspirational and showcase the potential of the Android platform.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to manage information at a massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. You will work on hardware-software integrated projects critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our business grows and evolves. You'll work on the software stack for future Android devices. You will also help architect, develop, test, and deploy complex embedded consumer devices.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Lead a software engineering team to innovate, architect, design, and develop next generation software systems and features to improve overall Pixel connectivity experience.
- Partner and collaborate with peer engineering teams, product/project management, and external partners to launch high-quality and high-performant solutions tailored for Pixel needs.
- Work with cross-teams and apply Google’s latest software engineering workflow and establish Test-Driven Development (TDD) process for large embedded projects.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.