Systems Architect, Pixel
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in system power or thermal analysis
- Experience with system architecture
- Experience with power optimization
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience debugging
- Experience with Android operating system, Linux kernel, and/or application software
- System-level experience and understanding of mobile phones including hardware, software, and their interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the job
As a Pixel Systems Architect, you will take a comprehensive systems view of thermal critical user journeys to establish working principles, architect systems, and guide cross-functional teams to improve user experience. You will work to drive accuracy in thermal performance projections across the full product lifecycle from pre-concept definition to post-launch insights. You will drive innovation work-streams to enable high quality thermal performance for Pixel devices.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $141,000-$212,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design new system level thermal strategies across key use cases for mobile phones.
- Assess new or existing thermally limited use cases and define target performance and recommend optimizations to meet goals.
- Prototype improvements to thermally limited use cases and validated performance gains.
- Work with cross-functional team on thermal system improvements and power optimizations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?