Software Engineering Manager, Engineering Productivity, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in engineering developing software services and solutions.
- 8 years of experience coding with C, C++, Java or Python programming languages.
- 5 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience with tools and infrastructures development to optimize software engineering process.
- Knowledge of quality concepts (e.g., functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, performance testing).
- Ability to define software architecture, components, modules, interfaces, and data for systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
In this role, you will develop tool and test automation to drive end-to-end quality across devices, services, and apps. You will also develop well-architected, innovative, and software tools and services.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Manage a team of Software Engineers to build and deploy infrastructure that improves the developers experience.
- Collaborate with multiple teams across organizations to solve technical problems that enable feature teams to ship quality code at high velocity.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?