Senior Incident Response Consultant, Mandiant, Google Cloud
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of investigative experience with network forensics and log analysis, malware triage analysis, disk and memory forensics in one or more of the following: Windows, macOS, Linux, or Unix.
- Certifications in Cloud Platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience in cloud forensics.
- Ability to communicate investigative findings and strategies to technical staff, executive leadership, legal counsel, and internal and external clients.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop documentation and explain technical details in a concise manner.
- Excellent time management skills.
About the job
Mandiant Services provides incident response, assessment, transformation, managed detection and response, and training services with direct tactical support. Our incident responders are able to resolve security incidents quickly, effectively, and at scale with complete incident response including investigation, containment, remediation, and crisis management. In this role, you will use your deep understanding of both existing and emerging threat actors, experience identifying rapidly changing tools, tactics and procedures of attackers, and strong computer forensics response knowledge and skills.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Collaborate with internal and customer teams to investigate and contain incidents. Conduct host forensics, network forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations.
- Recognize and codify attacker Tools, Tactics, and Procedures (TTPs) and Indicators of Compromise (IOCs). Build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Mandiant’s incident investigation processes that can be applied to current and future investigations.
- Develop and present comprehensive and accurate reports, trainings, and presentations for technical and executive audiences.
- Utilize Mandiant technology to conduct large-scale investigations and examine endpoint and network-based sources of evidence.
- Work non-standard hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?