Research Software Engineer, Neural Rendering, Project Starline
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in C++ and Python, or 1 year with an advanced degree.
- Experience with GPU or TPU programming, and in 3D neural rendering research and development.
- Experience designing, implementing, and training complex deep neural networks.
- PhD in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
About the job
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Project Starline from Google combines advances in hardware and software to enable friends, families and co-workers to feel together, even when they’re cities (or countries) apart. Imagine looking through a magic window, and through that window, you see another person, life-size and in three-dimensions. As part of the Project Starline team, you'll work with researchers and engineers in a fast-paced product-oriented environment. Our teams collaborate closely with Google Workspace and Research teams. Your contributions will have an impact on the future of communications with Google products. You will apply technology to solve that really important problem that we often want to be together and we can’t.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $133,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Write product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Pathfind, design, and implement deep neural networks for performing real-time 3D view synthesis and other 3D image processing tasks such as relighting, background segmentation, and general scene understanding.
- Integrate neural networks into real-time systems that stream over the internet.
- Work with researchers and developers in collaborative teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?