Senior Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Compilers
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 8 years of experience coding in C++.
- 5 years of experience with design and architecture, and testing/launching software products.
- Master’s degree or PhD in compiler-related work, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Experience developing configurable system simulation infrastructure.
- Experience enabling ML accelerator and DSP co-design.
- Experience with LLVM and MLIR.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As the exponential importance and cost of machine learning grows, it's critical that we design processors and systems that can efficiently execute ML programs. This team builds tools that enable processor designers to rapidly iterate over the processor design cycle.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field -- we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $231,000-$339,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Facilitate alignment and clarity across teams on goals, outcomes, and timelines.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance large-scale software solutions.
- Develop compiler infrastructure to enable retargetable ML code generation, leveraging MLIR and LLVM.
- Design methodology to link compilers to fast instruction set simulators to accelerate architecture experimentation.
- Develop open-source tools for iterative processor co-design. Enable ML accelerator and DSP co-design.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?