Business Program Manager, Strategic Sourcing, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in program management
- Experience in supply chain
- Experience working with cross-functional partner teams including executives
- Experience in a role requiring business judgment, creative problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to executive management
- Ability to manage changes in scope on a regular basis
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., written and verbal) at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional business judgment which can be used to effectively prioritize and action requests
About the job
Global Sourcing and Intelligence Operations (GSIO) is a diverse and collaborative team committed to delivering intelligent and integrated sourcing solutions. We drive desired business outcomes and deliver helpful products that delight our users.The GSIO team is a central function within the Device and Services Product Area, responsible for sustainable and cost effective supply solutions. This is achieved by effective cross-functional engagements, a strategic approach to supplier management, and ownership of commercial and operational issues throughout the product life cycles. As a central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, the team aims to scale Google Hardware products and showcase the best of Google’s hardware and software to our customers.
As a Business Program Manager on the Strategic Sourcing team, you will drive and coordinate cross-functional efforts within and across the Devices and Services Product Area (DSPA) ecosystem, partnering closely with the executive’s leads, Risk and Compliance, Finance, Recruiting, People Operations (POps), Systems, and Legal. You will drive a wide range of programs, capabilities, and strategic business operations for the organization and be central.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Implement business operations for a global team with a particular focus in the APAC region. Engage with APAC team and Global Operations leaders to develop and drive APAC-focused strategies and initiatives.
- Drive consensus among programs and centralize important business drivers for planning and execution. Help to coordinate strategy and content development for team forums, offsites, Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), etc.
- Embody and foster culture. Create a team environment which advances a cohesive team. Enable people's capabilities programs around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), training and development, culture, people’s growth, and well-being.
- Partner closely with Capabilities and StratOps team to identify problems and issues across organizations.
- Create programs and processes to solve challenges. Support organization level initiatives on critical projects to drive alignment and increase velocity.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?