Quantum Integrated Circuit Designer, Quantum AI
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with superconducting qubits for quantum computation.
- Experience with Python and version control.
- Experience with CAD design.
- Experience using finite element simulation tools (e.g., Sonnet, HFSS, Comsol).
- Experience with programmatic CAD layout and verification tools.
- Knowledge of Cadence, PCell development, LvL, LvS, K-Layout or CAD viewer.
- Knowledge of Integrated Circuit (IC) fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of superconducting circuit architectures or analogue microwave circuits.
About the job
As a Quantum Integrated Circuit Designer, you will support the physical design of quantum processors and associated analog and Radio Frequency (RF) devices and help to build robust infrastructure for design production. You will work closely with other members of our team to produce small prototype designs and complex designs. You will work in an agile research environment, supporting the changing requirements of the Fabrication, Test, and Packaging teams.
- Support the Quantum chip Architecture team with Quantum processor design projects.
- Manage custom built programmatic layout tools to integrate data into all aspects of the research activity (e.g., device probing, packaging, simulation, and measurement setups).
- Work on programmatic layout and simulation infrastructures for speeding up and simplifying layout workflow from initial layout to final tapeout.
- Support custom Process Design Kits (PDKs) and Design Rule Check (DRC).
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?