Technical Program Manager, Data Center Operations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with industrial facilities and mission operations.
- Experience in managing multi-team, multi-disciplinary, multi-country, and/or timezone projects.
- Ability to use data to create impactful business cases/presentations.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally and influence without authority.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, and work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support operational programs in partnership with other regional and global program managers and in a consistent fashion throughout the EMEA region.
- Act as technical liaison from the field to our Design, Construction, and Quality teams. Prioritize engineering efforts, influence technical solutions, and introduce products taking into account the field reality.
- Develop and optimize business processes to improve operational efficiency with attention on cost control and strategic programs including change control, training, material management, vendor management, etc.
- Find creative ways to optimize operating costs. Ensure that contractors and vendors are delivering quality services and that all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met.
- Develop and manage metrics. Collect and analyze data across a global infrastructure program for continuous improvement.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?